Accounts Payable Clerk
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position has great potential for an experienced, detail-oriented person with specific experience in accounts payable accounting. The ability to work independently with a sense of urgency, accuracy and job ownership, as well as relational skills with managers and employees, is essential. Successful candidates will also have high levels of work accuracy and practice good time management.|
|Duties:||The accounts payable clerk: |
•Processes accounts payable accurately and on time
•Files accounts payable invoices, checks, documents
•Prints checks weekly for payables and interim checks as directed
•Documents communications with vendors
•Responds to vendor calls regarding payables issues
•Cross-trains to help with overflow tasks within accounting department as needed
•Supports and encourages team members
•Audits Accounts Payable documents to comply with company policies and procedures
•Requires W9 for necessary vendors and completes Federal 1099 reporting at the end of the year
|Qualifications:||• 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable accounting activities. |
• 3 years of experience with an Accounts Payable accounting software package.
• Good keyboarding skills.
• Attentive to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Cooperative and willing to assist others.
• Able to use computer applications such as Excel and Word.
• Experience with Great Plains a strong advantage. At minimum, experience with accounting software and integrated financial programs.
• Possesses basic accounting practices knowledge with an emphasis in Accounts Payable.
• High level of ownership - being willing to go the extra mile to support the business units and internal managers.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.